This is a personal post about online resources that talk about conducting research. I expect this list to be organic, and this is for me to not forget while I’m working on my (HCI + design) dissertation. However, I hope it’s helpful for you too!
Please, if you know about a cool resource that needs to be added to this list, let me know! I’m @omitzec on Twitter!
- Models of dissertation research in design
- Sampling strategy
- Writing up your PhD (qualitative research)
- What goes where in a thesis or dissertation?
- Research Methods Knowledge Base
- What is the difference between background of study and literature review
- Structuring a thesis
- Structuring a Thesis Introduction
- Writing an introduction to your thesis
- How to write the research background and motivation for your dissertation?
- Introduction to PhD research: proposal writing
- Dissertation Recipes
- Develop a research proposal
- On writing a paper prospectus?
- History Department: Dissertation Prospectus
- Dissertation Prospectus (Georgia State University)
- How to structure a dissertation?
- What else do you think it should be here?
Inspiration: PhD dissertations in HCI and Design
- Camille Moussette’s Simple Haptics
- Anna Vallgårda’s Computational Composites
- Johan Redström’s Designing Everyday Computational Things